Although not officially confirmed by the IRS, our current expectation is that the vast majority of customers who received a Refund Transfer (RT) by Direct Deposit will receive their stimulus payment directly from the government into their bank account.  The vast majority of customers who received their RT by check, prepaid card or Walmart Direct2Cash will receive their check by mail from the Federal Government.

There may be a handful of customers who will have their stimulus funds routed to Republic Bank. In those cases, we will print the checks and mail them directly to the taxpayer with no fees or loan payments deducted from the proceeds.

Filers: Get Your Payment

Use the “Get My Payment” application (coming mid-April) to:

Check your payment statusConfirm your payment type: direct deposit or check

Enter your bank account information for direct deposit if we don’t have your direct deposit information and we haven’t sent your payment yet

Update your information

Direct deposit: Use the Get My Payment application (coming mid-April) to let us know your bank account information if we don’t have your direct deposit information and we haven’t sent your payment.

Check payment: If you moved since you last filed, let us know your new mailing address.


If you change your address after filing your return, you should notify the post office that services your old address. Because not all post offices forward government checks, you should also directly notify the IRS as described below.


To change your address with the IRS, you may complete a Form 8822, Change of Address, (For Individual, Gift, Estate, or Generation-Skipping Transfer Tax Returns) (PDF)


You may also write to inform us that your address is changing. Tell us you’re changing your address by providing us your:

full nameold and new addresses

social security number, individual taxpayer identification number, or employer identification number, and